Sunday 13 April 2008

Easter break

As most will know, the past 3 weeks have been filled with lots of work, as it is the Easter holidays for students @ UCLan. I myself have been doing the three following activities:
1. Work. We have all been given lots of project work to do over the break. There is Ak’s carpet shop command line c++ application, which currently stands at 1500 lines, but I feel it will get much bigger. There is John’s report on Asos.com, which I really don’t like; Shopping for clothes is bad, so shopping online for clothes is just a waste of time, and just ruins what could be an enjoyable experience. There is Gareth’s C++ game to make, where you are an ore miner on a planet, and you must avoid the turret and meteors. There is Niki’s blog, which you are reading now, a video on “a day in the life of…” which should be on youtube shortly, and a facebook application. Finally there is the group 7000 worder for Helen. Altogether, a lot of work.

2. Work. To stay alive, I must eat. To eat I must buy food. To buy food I need money. To get money I must have a job. This un-deniable logic leads you to a small rural pub called “the Wheatsheaf”, where I am a barman. It’s a good job, with mostly friendly locals, and it not requiring massive physical exertion. However, I have an appalling memory, so I sometimes forget long orders, which is made worse by everyone coming to the pub at around 11. After standing for 6 to 7 hours, I go home around 2am and get some sleep.

3. Work. Despite the above, my parents feel I have faaaaaar to much spare time, so set me a list of chores which included: Washing, dishwasher, washing clothes, ironing, cleaning my room (this is no easy task), cleaning the garage, and no internets.

It was my birthday during this break, it was realy hard to stay awake at work the following night.
So all in all, a busy break
Regards
=G= Caboose

No comments: